I made this Hackintosh over a month ago. Great build. Love it in fact. It’s been rock solid for gaming and general use. Based on Tonymacx86′s CustoMac Mini Deluxe build. I went with this build because of the size to power offerings were the best for what I wanted. I wanted room for many drives, but didn’t want a full-sized tower.
Pros: Smaller form-factor, but large enough for up to 7 HDD/SSD’s. Comes with Bluetooth built-in (WiFi side does NOT Work), Works with latest OS X out of the box, almost. There is some Bios tweaks, but mainly, you can just make your bootable USB drive and install. Awesome!
Cons: Maxes out at 16GB memory, only 1 PCIe slot for 1 Video Card(All I need), Built in WiFi card does not work.
Overall, stable, strong system that is a great workhorse with flexibility.
CustoMac Mini Deluxe (my version)
- Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7-3770 (3.4 – 3.9 GHz Turbo)
- Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
- (Z77N if you want to overclock.. which I didn’t)
- 16 GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory
- (I Used 2 8GB G.SKILL sticks from newegg)
- BitFenix Prodigy Case
- (Very nice, White, Apple Like design)
- Corsair 650 Watt Power Supply
- 750 GB Seagate 7200 RPM drive
- GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1 GB Memory
- (I could have gone with faster, but would have lost extra drive bays to card length)
- Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> Without DSDT -> ALC892
- Miscellaneous -> FakeSMC v5.1.61
- Miscellaneous -> FakeSMC v5.1.61 Plugins
- Network -> Realtek – Lnx2Mac’s RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90
- Network -> Realtek – AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6 for 10.7
- Boot Options -> GraphicsEnabler=No